Monday, March 31, 2014

#100itemcraftstashchallenge: Projects 35 and 36

Glow in the Dark onesie to stuffy
This week there are two projects to share. The first is a onesie that I couldn't part with, so I cut it and turned it into a stuffed creature for PGS. For his first Halloween, he had a cute little bodysuit that had a glow in the dark ghost on it with the word "BOO!" written on it. I started it forever ago, probably back when my son first outgrew it, sooo... January 2013?? See? This challenge was a good thing for me, it forced me to work on things that I started and never bothered to finish for one reason or another. 

The second project is one you'll see a similar twin of in the next few weeks because I cut two of them. I found this dino pattern on Pinterest and decided it was the perfect little thing for my dino loving PGS! I had originally planned on only making one of them, but in my haste to cut the pattern one night, I cut two of the left side and none of the right side. Instead of wasting the second piece, I just changed my plan to make two dinos: one for PGS and one for his little brother expected later this summer. I decided that mine needed eyes though, so I used unmatched studs from my Babyville brand snaps and gave one dino blue eyes and one dino green eyes. I then used some of the many spools of ribbon I have to cut out 3.5" strips for the loops. (FYI: Kids II owns a patent on the loops and selling will get you a C&D letter, these are strictly for personal use.)

The dino standing up against the wall
I wasn't planning on making the dinos just yet as I was very focused on getting items ready for the stocking of the store that just occurred, but PGS saw the dinos on my sewing table all pinned up and ready for sewing and tried to sew them himself. So I at least finished the one for him so that he'd be a happy little guy. He was. He is actually pretty happy with both projects and spent quite a bit of time playing with both over the last few days.  It really makes this momma happy when her little one likes what was made for him!

2 comments: