Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Saucy Lemon Thyme Chicken

This week is a modified I Can't Believe It's Not Butter recipe: Saucy Lemon Thyme Chicken with fettuccine and broccoli.

Saucy Lemon Thyme Chicken
Ingredients
3 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Deliciously Simple, divided - I used regular unsalted butter instead
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel

Directions
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle chicken with thyme; add to skillet and cook 8 minutes; turning once, until browned.
3. Combine broth and cornstarch in medium bowl; pour into skillet and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; stir in lemon peel and remaining 1 Tbsp. butter and cook 7 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sauce has thickened.
Sprinkle chicken with thyme
Stir in lemon peel, 1 tbs of butter
When I made this the first time, I served it with plain white rice, but Monday evening, I thought that fettuccine was a good fit and broccoli on the side. Since Little PGS refuses to eat it, I plan for him having leftovers (this time it was rotini with tomato and basil pasta sauce). Also, this time I planned ahead and grated the lemon peel earlier in the afternoon, because the first time I didn't read the directions fully before starting dinner and ended up just squeezing in some fresh lemon juice instead of using grated lemon peel. I do not recommend subbing lemon juice for lemon zest though, it makes the sauce a little too tart. But when you use the lemon zest it's just the right amount of lemon for the chicken.
Voila! Plated and ready for serving!
 If you have tried any of the weekly recipes, feel free to share your experiences in the comments! I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment