Monday, March 17, 2014

#100itemcraftstashchallenge: Projects 33 and 34

I made up a quick tie tee for my son and a friend's son when they both saw the last one I made in February and both asked for one.

The Hanes 2T/3T tie shirt for my son
My son loves to wear his. I'm not sure why, but he does. He loves it so much that he asked to change into it when he saw me pull it out of the dryer the other day! While I think it's weird that he likes his shirt so much, I think it's pretty cool that my son loves something his momma made up for him though!  And since he's too big for the 24 month Gerber brand lap tees that I used for the original tie tee, I bought a plain white Garanimals brand short sleeve white tee. But I was too impatient to wait for it be washed before making his tee, so I used one of the plain white Hanes 2T/3T tees that I bought for something else for him a few months ago.

For the tee that I made for my friend's son, I used one of the Gerber lap tees because he's much smaller than PGS.
The Gerber 24M tie shirt for my friend's son

For both tees, I had wanted to use red thread to match Mickey's shorts, but I ran out opted for a khaki thread that matched the background of the print. I've had the tie pattern printed out for a really long time, so unfortunately, I don't remember where I originally found it. But making your own tie pattern or doing a quick Google search for "onesie ties" should find you an easy pattern to print out and create your own tie tee for the little boy in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment