Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Cinnamon Raisin-Cranberry Rolls

Saturday evening, PGS and I made these cinnamon raisin rolls from Betty Crocker. In the suggestions section of the recipe, it suggested subbing dried cranberries for the raisins and since I had both on hand and I know PGS will eat the raisins and cranberries instead of putting them in the bowl, I added both.

CINNAMON RAISIN-CRANBERRY ROLLS
Ingredients
Ingredients assembled
Biscuits
2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
Raisins and dried cranberries
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A generous sprinkling of cinnamon sugar to make up for the lost measured ingredients 

Vanilla Glaze
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon warm water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
1. Heat oven to 450°F. In medium bowl, stir all biscuit ingredients just until soft dough forms.
Stir ingredients
2. Place dough on surface generously dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times. Roll 1/2 inch thick. Cut with 2 1/2-inch cutter dipped in Bisquick mix. On ungreased cookie sheet, place biscuits 2 inches inches apart.
We used bunny cookie cutters instead of boring, old circles
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. While biscuits are baking, in small bowl, beat all glaze ingredients with spoon until smooth. Spread glaze over warm biscuits.
Sorry it's upside down, I didn't think about that when I snapped the picture
I measured out the milk,sugar and cinnamon before letting PGS help mix the ingredients, but that didn't really matter because he got excited and missed the bowl for the sugar/cinnamon muffin cup and about half ended up on my counter. I got out the premixed cinnamon sugar shaker in my cabinet and let him shake some into the bowl. I think we ended up with more than the sugar and cinnamon specified in the directions, but oh, well! PGS also insisted that I let him help knead the dough, except that he either misunderstood what "kneading" is or understood that he was supposed to copy what Mommy was doing, but didn't care because when I asked him to knead the dough, he took a bite out of it!  Then he insisted on helping roll the dough out - this task he actually did a really good job of.  As you can see in the picture above, he helped cut out the dough.

In my opinion, they are much better while warm than at room temperature, so if you have any leftovers, I suggest a 10-15 second microwave heat up.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun recipe! These looks so yummy!

    Thanks again for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete