Monday, March 3, 2014

#100itemcraftstashchallenge: Project 26

This is a sewing project that I might have flubbed the guidelines a little bit. I had all supplies for creating this on hand, except for the stuffing material. I counted this as a challenge project and counted the stuffing as a custom project supply because it was a gift for PGS' second birthday.

I found this Running with Scissors tutorial on Pinterest forever ago and decided that with his current dinosaur obsession, it was a great time to finally tackle it.

I used some bright blue blizzard fleece and some neon yellow wicking fabric that I found in the remnants bin at Joann and bought with the intention of making hybrid fitted cloth diapers. (I decided that I didn't want to tackle those.) I did have to pick up a 24 ounce package of poly-fill that I found while looking at Joann. I chose it over the 32 oz. package they also offer because it was less dense and felt nicer than the polyester only fill that was on the shelf.

I followed the tutorial pretty much as written, so I don't have anything to add to her tutorial. I didn't have Velcro or want to buy any, so I did use ribbon to tie the tail on instead of the straps with Velcro.

The finished tail
"Look, Dad! I have a dinosaur tail!" - PGS

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh, so cute! I think PGS looks pretty adorable with a dino tail ;)

    ReplyDelete