Friday, March 14, 2014

Feature Friday: Landon's Toy Box



This week, I'm bringing Landon's Toy Box to you! The lovely WAHM behind Landon's Toy Box wrote up this little bio for you to get to her, her products and what makes them so special.

"Hi, I'm Holly, the heart and mind behind Landon's Toy Box. Landon's Toy Box is a handmade, hand painted, wooden peg doll company that focuses on creating toys as unique as the little ones (or big ones!) receiving them.

When my son, Landon, was just two, I wanted to make him a set of toys that looked like his family and would engage his imagination. I was never professionally trained in art, but I always loved how
paint could transform an object. After a quick trip to the craft store to pick up some wooden pieces and a few hours of painting fun, my first peg family was created and Landon instantly loved them. He would take them everywhere and I began to noticed that other kiddos couldn't keep their hands off of them either! Fast forward a year later, with the support of my family, Landon's Toy Box was born.

My inspiration is most definitely my son, I mean, I did name the shop after him! His creativity drives mine and he is the perfect little "product tester." He has also shown me so many new ways to play with the toys I've created. We use them for playing pieces on board games, line them up for a rousing round of bowling, act out the pages of our favorite books during story time, create rhythmic music with them as drumsticks, and he even falls asleep clutching his favorite "peggified" superhero self!

I design primarily in the Waldorf style to promote emotional and imaginative development. The simple faces allow children the ability to project emotion and create new stories time and time again, while the unique body shape encourages hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills.

I've been very blessed to be able to do something I love and, in a small way, be a part of the lives of my customers. Whether it's through their celebrations of birthdays or holidays, creating keepsakes to remember a special event, designing a peg person in honor of a loved one who's no longer with us, or even painting custom peg dolls to stand on top of a wedding cake; every order has a story that touches my heart and makes me know this is what I'm meant to do.
Holly Cothran"


1 comment: