Monday, March 10, 2014

#100itemcraftstashchallenge: Projects 27-32

For the next #100itemcraftstashchallenge projects, I did some creative numbering again and counted each unpaper towel separately. The unpaper towels are a project that I have had sitting on my craft table for almost a year. I bought the fabric in April 2013 and I finally finished the towels in March 2014. It still took under a year to finish the project, so that's pretty good. Right? 

Three double butterfly, two butterfly/tie dye and one double tie dye.
For my own use, I chose to make the unpaper towels out of flannel and without snaps. I know that if you purchase a set of unpaper towels from a handmade business, a lot of times one side is terry and there are snaps on each towel to snap them together and roll them up like a normal paper towel roll.

I haven't counted, but I think we have 18 10"x11" rectangular unpaper towels in our kitchen now and that is enough to last us about 3-5 days before I have to wash towels again. How often I need to do laundry is dependent on how messy we are. The double flannel is decently absorbent and we like using them. Even PGS likes to use the towels to help clean up - which is a great thing since he's the cause of many messes! 

2 comments:

  1. I totally love the butterflies! They'd be perfect for a spring kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too. But it's just because I love butterflies and the kitchen is the only room that I can girly up! :)

      Delete