Monday, April 28, 2014

#100itemcraftstashchallenge: Projects 39 and 40

You know how I've made two tie tees and a stuffed dino for PGS already? Well, I made up a quick tie onesie for the little one I'm currently pregnant with and finished the second dino that I had cut out. Baby S. #2 has a few Mommy made items now! 

Just a fun little fact: Did you know that the term Onesie™ is owned by Gerber? It's technically a brand name for infant bodysuits and it's just become so common that people now think of it as the generic name for that clothing garment.


When I was sewing up the dino, its tail just did not want to cooperate, so I ended up cutting the tail off and using a ribbon loop as a tail. Which by the way, PGS threw a tanrtum over - he was not happy at all that I changed the look of the finished dino! lol

I used one of the few plain bodysuits that I had saved from when PGS was that little and used the same tie pattern that I'd used for the the other ties. Only I used the 3-12 months size this time. I used up some scrap fabric that I had from another project forever ago to cut out a single layer tie. I used Heat n Bond Ultra to attach the tie to the bodysuit and then stitched around the edge with a coordinating thread color.


When I showed the finished onesie to Hubby, he seriously said that he wanted a tie like that. He didn't believe me when I said that I could make him one. So later this summer, I may be buying some more fabric and the right kind of interfacing, and then making a full size men's tie for Hubby. I can't promise that will make it to the blog though.

4 comments: