Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Pizza

Normally, the Recipe Wednesday post will be a post about cooking with my two year old son, but he was more interested in Jelly Belly jelly beans and birthday cake Oreos last night than helping make dinner.  (P.S. He did eat his dinner after that snack.)

I originally found this no yeast recipe for pizza dough on Cooks.com, but after the first attempt at following the recipe as written, I decided to play around with it and what I'll share below is the revised recipe I normally follow. So far, there have been no complaints about the taste of the pizza and we prefer it over carry-out or frozen ready made pizza!

NO YEAST PIZZA DOUGH
Ingredients
2 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
2 3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
A generous sprinkle of Italian seasoning blend
A generous sprinkle of Parmesan, usually equivalent to about 1/3 cup
1 cup warm water

Directions
1. Mix dry ingredients; add water and oil.
2. Stir until it forms a ball. If dough is stiff, add more water.
3. The dough will be soft, not sticky. If too sticky, sprinkle a little flour and mix some more.
4. Knead on a floured surface for 3-4 minutes. (I usually skip this step and just knead it right on the pizza stone for a minute or two, and then roll it as flat as I want it.)
5. Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
6. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
Ingredients
Measuring cup and sppons
Pizza stone, rolling pin and pizza toppings
Dry ingredients placed in mixing bowl
Pizza dough rolled flat
All ready to go in the oven!
I thought that I took a picture of the pizza after pulling it out of the oven, but I can't find where I saved it. So it's possible that I didn't take a picture and only thought that I did! If I find it later, I will update this post with the baked pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment