Friday, February 14, 2014

#100itemcraftstashchallenge: Projects 1,2 and 3

After sharing the latest project completed for the #100itemcraftstashchallenge earlier this week, I received comments on our facebook page about sharing the first projects in another blog post. But first, I think I need to clarify what the challenge actually is. At the beginning of January, in a crafting group I'm a part of on facebook, I saw another crafter mention stash busting challenge that she'd recently read about. It sounded like something that could be a lot of fun because it would use up the supplies I bought just because and it would force me to be creative. Something I was feeling in a slump about. The challenge was worded as follows:
A crafting challenge to make 100 items from your stash of supplies without buying any new materials until you've made the 100 things (unless it's for a custom order, then go ahead and buy new supplies).
So I decided that I would try and complete the challenge. I started with a  pair of crayon mini crayon rolls. The first one is glittery purple satiny fabric with brown accents and the second is a bright pink denim fabric with brown accents. My friend had done a trade with me at Christmas and I felt that the trade was not evenly done (she way underpriced herself), so I wanted to thank her for her amazing job. I thought a fun item for one of her kids was a the perfect choice. Unfortunately, the pink one ended up with a little bit of a wonky corner.
For project #3, I put together a pocket diaper for another friend. She's having a little girl this March and wanted some girly diapers for her little girl. I used the cupcake print PUL from Babyville, cream alova from Diaper Sewing Supplies heart snaps from kam snaps.

Come back on Monday for projects 4-23!

No comments:

Post a Comment