Friday, February 21, 2014

Feature Friday: Soup Kitchen Candles, LLC

I decided at the last minute yesterday afternoon that I would do a small business feature on Fridays and name the post: Feature Friday. I haven't decided yet if it's going to be a weekly feature or biweekly.

I decided to choose one of my favorite small businesses to feature in the first Feature Friday post: Soup Kitchen Candles, LLC. The woman behind SKC is Barbara and she's such a sweet and friendly person, it makes returning to her company an easy choice. Especially once you get one of their products!

Here's a little blurb she sent me for use in this post:

SKC handcrafts generously scented soy candles and melting tarts using organic, Non-GMO, long and clean burning soy wax and only cotton core wicks. All of their scents are phthalate and nitro musk free!  An important health benefit!

There is a huge variety of scents available for purchase. Some of the most recent ones I've seen debuted are Fresh Apples, Maple Bacon and Fried Chicken! Each melting tart is beautifully crafted and so are many of the candles. I like the recycled and painted aluminum cans that many of the candles feature, also. I think the green factor is a pretty awesome selling point, as is the giving back from each sale.

An example of the artistry put
into the candles
I have the apple pie soy mini pie melting tarts, the java coffee soy melting tarts, a pumpkin spice soy melting tart, a pineapple upside down cake soy melting tart and spiced cider soy melting tarts. And I have some gingerbread soy melting tarts, some oats and honey soy melting tarts and some CocoMango soy melting tarts on the way! I am the most excited for the gingerbread ones since I'm the only one in my house who will eat gingerbread, so making it is a waste. At least this way, I will be able to have the yummy scent in my house.  Of the ones that I already have, my favorite is the java scent. I am that weird person who doesn't like to drink coffee, but loves, loves, LOVES the smell of coffee. So the melting tarts are amazing!

I don't own any of their candles, because we don't burn candles in the house - seems dangerous with a very active, very wild two year old boy. My mom though, has two of the gingerbread soy candles and I got to experience them at Thanksgiving (non-burning) and at Christmas (burning). There was no visible smoke (meaning their advertising is true to word!) and the smell was subtle, but noticeable - even among the scents of my mom's holiday cooking. They were perfect candles in my opinion. Not too overpowering, but not so weak that you couldn't notice the fragrance.

Where appropriate, I included links to the products I have experience with and below, I will provide the links to their website, Etsy and Facebook page. I hope you will check them out and consider purchasing something!

Soup Kitchen Candles, LLC - http://www.soupkitchencandles.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment