Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Cookies!

Yesterday was my husband's birthday and he had a pot luck event at work, so he asked me to make him some chocolate chip cookies to take in. And by some, that meant approximately 150 cookies! And since I was lacking a share-able recipe for this morning, I thought why not share our cookie recipe?
Our "secret" cookie recipe

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
12 oz baking chips

Optional Ingredients
1 cup oats
12 oz raisins or dried cranberries
All but the chips
Directions
1. Preheat to 350°F
2. Mix sugars and butter until smooth; mix in vanilla, egg and baking soda
3. Slowly mix in flour (and oats, if desired)
4. Add in baking chips (and/or fruit, if desired)
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to overbake!
Fresh outta the oven!
Enjoy!!

We have a 4.5qt KitchenAid stand mixer and I don't remember making a double batch of cookie dough before this Monday when I made the cookies for my husband. Well...once I finished, it looked like it was a little a on the "too much" side for my mixer! lol

2 comments:

  1. This is such a weakness of mine...YUM!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love chocolate chip cookies! That's a lot of them to make though! :)

    ReplyDelete