Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Recipe Wednesday: Pancake Muffins

My soon to be three year old loves pancakes. My husband loves pancakes. I love pancakes. Neither my husband nor I like to eat cold pancakes. The compromise: pancake muffins! They're such a super easy, yummy breakfast and you can change them up to what you crave each time. We mostly stick to maple syrup and cinnamon sugar though.

PANCAKE MUFFINS
Ingredients
Pancake mix of your choice
Add-ins of your choice

Supplies
Muffin pan or silicone baking cups

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare muffin pan. - I use coconut oil to grease the muffin cups, but you could use silicone baking cups or the paper ones to like the muffin pan.
3. Mix up your pancake batter as directed. - Depending on the brand of pancake mix, I need to use the second or third measurements given.
My mix-ins of the day
The highly precise method of swirl until it looks good  
Optional 3.1 - Add in your mix-ins. - Normally, I only mix in maple syrup, but the day I made them for this post, I also added in strawberry jam.
4. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. - With the Krusteaz brand mix, I have to bake them for 15 minutes, but the store brand that I used to buy, it was only needed to leave them in the oven for 13 minutes.
Optional 5. Lightly spread butter on the still warm muffins.
6. Serve and enjoy!

My son loves these and asks for more until the whole pan is gone! He doesn't care if they're cold and it's dinnertime, he'll ask for pancake muffins. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment